Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE PERSONALITY

I do not see myself as an educated man. Although I was once described as "Surprisingly Knowledgeable".... what that means I am not sure but I shall take it as a compliment. ... compliments are rare things so I shall accept them when they spring up:-)

I see the personality of an individual and ask myself ..."am I as big as that?" by that I ask if I can fill the room when needed. In fact I think I fill the room a little too often.
Being a father of four beautiful girls makes imperative that I almost remove my personality from the equation. I find this hard, as a performer and for most part as a human participating in life and doing what I do, being a personality, gigging, singing etc the "Personality" is a tool for laughter and the purchase of friendship...I guess we all use it by default or design.

The more substantial me is the Character of the man, but where is he in relation to that large personality. Don't tell me the character has taken a back seat! Well may be! So where has he gone. The personality will often be taken to the place where the "principled" Character will not go. And so, what am I to do...live a different life by day and night???

I have the answer but the real Charlie, the Character who lives a joyous but defined life gives way sometimes to personality because he is vibrant and funny. Yet Personality can be such a bore...(sp) never know if that is the right way to say that.

It was Susan Boyle who was so genuine last year and this I believe is where I must be. I must be publicly able to be humiliated and ripped in order for the Character to be seen. She is and was herself ...well done Susan.

So I hope to win people over with this personality and then allow more of the refined Character to come through and win hearts not just friends. The friends I had in the UK are far away from me now I live in New Zealand. But hopeful after 25 years of knowing me they will know that when you put a $1 in my pocket for this album, they are not supporting Charlie the supposed icon but their friend and someone who wants to be with them and longs for them to know he cares but is just too far away right now.

Forget my personality and the very public way I flaunt it. There are better parts to be shown, I hope these will be more frequently seen by the audience......
Love to all my future readers and bloggers alike!
Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment